Growing up in a small town, lan personally knew many local business owners. He witnessed firsthand the way their businesses were extensions of themselves. Ian passionately helps businesses succeed and avoid legal pitfalls.
He prepares operating, employment, lease, and other agreements. lan also counsels clients to prepare them for changes in their business for further success. If a client is unable to work out a disagreement, lan has resolved business disputes for over 20 years through negotiation, litigation, arbitration, and
In addition to business law, lan also advises clients in cases involving the Second Amendment: whether involving Firearm Trusts, CPL appeals, or expungements of criminal records.
While the Second Amendment secures a right to possess a firearm, many state and federal laws confine that right’s time, place, and manner. lan helps law-abiding citizens exercise their Second Amendment rights and avoid violating the law unknowingly.
Ian has been named a Super Lawyer Rising Star and Oakland Press’s Best of the Best Attorney.
Outside of his practice, Ian enjoys spending time with his family, and the great outdoors.
Ian’s Areas of Practice include:
Leases (Commercial and Residential)
Commercial Litigation –
- Named Best of the Best by Oakland Press
- Michigan Super Lawyer’s Rising Stars List
- 5 Star Rating on Avvo
- 4.8 Stars of Google reviews from previous clients
- Recently awarded $10,000,000 Judgment
- Managed over $360,000,000 in client assets
Licensed to Practice Law
- State of Michigan
- State of Ohio
- United States District Courts for Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Courts Northern District of Ohio